After blogging for a fair old while now, I thought it was high time I introduced myself properly. This week it’s another ‘meet the team’ special, and it’s my turn in the spotlight.
I love this house deeply, and it feels like a member of our family. It’s got its own personality, and is full of quirks. My official role in the Penton Park team is as ‘Managing Partner’, which essentially means I play a big part in making sure this gorgeous place consistently puts its best foot forward for our lovely brides and grooms. I handle the marketing and PR; the less-glamorous side of running a venue, like VAT returns and sorting insurance (I’m a wizard with a spreadsheet!); and help to keep everything running like clockwork.
GETTING TO KNOW YOU: FIVE FAST FACTS ABOUT DANIELLE
1. Penton Park exploded into my life a few months after Guy and I got together. We met at a uni house party (in Fresher’s Week!) and I very quickly knew that this relationship was something special. On my first visit to Penton Park I remember being awestruck and not a little intimidated by the scope and size of the house, and convinced that it was haunted. (Disclaimer: Any ghosts we have here are friendly ones)!
2. Unlike a lot of country house wedding venues, Penton Park is never off duty. As well as opening our doors to brides and grooms, we also run James’s Place – a day-care centre for adults with disabilities, which provides amazing support for people in need of a safe and welcoming space. And then, of course, it’s our family home! When I’m not wearing my Managing Partner hat, I’m in mum mode to my three gorgeous children. It’s a wonderful place for the kids to grow up, and I love how relaxed they are in the space. They love riding their bikes round the house (including right through the centre and the rooms used for weddings!) and putting on piano concerts in the Drawing Room.
3. I’m a PADI Divemaster, and have dived in some truly breath-taking locations all over the world, from The Great Barrier Reef to the Caribbean and the rocky coast of England. I’m still pretty fearless, but nowadays a drysuit is a non-negotiable and the warmth of tropical waters is very much preferred!
4. My favourite space in the house is the Drawing Room. I love how it adapts to all weathers and all seasons. It’s just as inviting with the windows thrown wide and the summer sun pouring in as it is in the dead of winter with a blazing fire and candles on every surface.
5. I absolutely love seeing our couples put their own stamp on the house. We want everyone getting married here to feel completely at home, and it’s lovely watching how it comes to life in a subtly different way for each and every bride and groom celebrating their marriage here. There have been lots of outstandingly gorgeous details over the years, but my favourite has to be the table plan constructed from test tubes. Complete with safety goggles and flasks filled with coloured liquid, it was quirky and different and totally fabulous!
If you’re planning your wedding, why not give us a call? We’d love for you to see the house for yourself and to fall in love with it the way we have. We have some 2018 and 2019 weekends available, so get in touch and let’s have a chat. We can’t wait to hear about your wedding plans.
Thank you to the photographers whose photos have been featured, we love their work! Emma Moore Photography, Gyan Gurung Photography, Graham Warrellow, Helen Power Photography, Joanna Cleeve Photography, Julia Conway Photography, Kate Gary Photography, LaHu Studios, Lemontree Photography, Lydia Stamps Photography, Mia Photography, Peter Dyer Photography Ltd, Stylish Wedding Photography, Teresa C Photography, The Springles, This and That Photography.