Penton Park is our family home, and, along with our fabulous events manager, Michelle and housekeeper Lou Lou, we all have a part to play in running the house. Choosing Penton Park to host your wedding means treating this house as your own, and we pride ourselves on the warmth of our welcome. So, let’s get to know one of the key people in the Penton Park household. This week, it’s the turn of my lovely husband, Guy. We celebrated his birthday last week, so it feels like a good time to put him in the spotlight…
Penton Park Brewery
GETTING TO KNOW YOU - FIVE FAST FACTS ABOUT GUY
1. This house is in Guy’s blood. He’s been in and around Penton Park since he was a child, and if you were to climb some of the trees in the grounds, you’d likely find lots of his initials clumsily carved into the bark from days of pirate lookouts and treehouses past.
2. He’s a man who loves his ale! This is a passion that runs deep, and we’re so excited to be able to combine his love of craft beer with his roots at the house. Penton Park Brewery is a new project of ours, and we’ll be sharing much more this in future posts.
3. Oh my, is he outnumbered! With our three daughters and a wife who can be…ahem… opinionated at times, he’s definitely got his hands full! He’s a stupendous dad to our three little terrors, and he doesn’t do a bad job as a husband, either!
4. He’s great with his hands, and loves getting stuck in to building projects. He’s also very handy at fixing the inevitable occasional disasters that occur in an old house like this!
5. The bar area and snug is his favourite space in the house, and the new and seriously stylish shelving that houses our precious collection of speciality spirits and gins are all his handiwork. You’ll often find him working the bar at our weddings, pouring the drinks and introducing people to our craft beer brewed here on site. And very occasionally, you might find him asleep on the snooker table after a particularly good house party!!
We’ll be introducing you to some of the other people at the heart of Penton Park over the next few months, and we can’t wait to get to know you, too, and to hear about your wedding plans. We still have some 2018 dates available, so get in touch, and let’s have a chat.
Thank you to the photographers whose photos have been featured, we love their work! Emma Moore Photography, Gyan Gurung Photography, Graham Warrellow, Helen Power Photography, Joanna Cleeve Photography, Julia Conway Photography, Kate Gary Photography, LaHu Studios, Lemontree Photography, Lydia Stamps Photography, Mia Photography, Peter Dyer Photography Ltd, Stylish Wedding Photography, Teresa C Photography, The Springles, This and That Photography.