Happy New Year! We're kicking off 2019 with an introduction to another key member of the team here at Penton Park (find out more about Danielle and Guy here and here). If you received a rather sparkly Christmas present this year, then our wonderful events co-ordinator Michelle is someone you need to get to know. During your wedding planning journey with us here, Michelle will be your main point of contact. She's impeccably organised, stylishly creative and a font of knowledge about all things wedding. We're very lucky to have her, and can guarantee that she'll make your wedding day run smoothly from start to finish. Over to you, Michelle.
GETTING TO KNOW YOU: FIVE FAST FACTS ABOUT MICHELLE
1. Before I found Penton Park, I managed a beautiful townhouse venue in Knightsbridge, central London. While there, I organised a wide range of events, from corporate dinners, to product launches and birthday parties, but it was the weddings that took place there that I loved the most.
2. I relocated with my family to Hampshire and was on the lookout for a venue closer to home. I first heard about Penton Park from my neighbour, who was gardener on the estate at the time. The house looked gorgeous, and I decided to be brave and introduce myself to Danielle. That was 4 years ago now and the rest is history! I'm so glad I made that call - Danielle and the rest of the Rolfe family have created something really special with Penton Park. The house is just beautiful and is situated in the stunning, rural countryside. I love the fact that it’s also a family home which is such a unique selling point. The family are lovely too and have been so welcoming, and this makes it such a wonderful place to work.
3. My role in the team at Penton Park is Events Co-ordinator. This means I'm in touch with all our brides and grooms from the moment they book, until the clock strikes midnight on their wedding day. I’m on hand throughout the planning process to provide support and offer help and guidance whether it’s on the phone, by email or through a face to face meeting.
I'll also meet with you approximately one month before your wedding day to run through all the final operational details and then put together a very detailed event sheet that documents all operational details such as timings, numbers, menus, beverage requirements, room plans and supplier details. In a nutshell, it's my job to handle all the admin and organisational aspects of your day, allowing you to relax and enjoy yourselves knowing that everything's on schedule and under control.
4. I love the English countryside, but I've definitely been bitten by the travel bug. One of my proudest achievements was taking the plunge and booking an 18-month career break to travel the world on my own. It was nerve-wracking at times, but totally exhilarating to feel so free, and I saw some incredible things. I was particularly wowed by the ocean while I was travelling, I'm a qualified PADI Rescue Diver, and in another life you might well find me in turquoise waters as a diving instructor!
5. Planning a wedding is a big undertaking, but one that ends in the most magical day of celebration for you and your loved ones. My biggest piece of advice to people about to start their planning adventure is to enjoy the journey! It’s hard not to get overwhelmed by the detail involved in planning your wedding but please remember to enjoy it – you’re planning one of the best days of your life.
Thanks Michelle! If you're newly engaged and looking for an elegant country house venue with the warmest of welcomes, why not get in touch? We'd love to hear from you and to show you around Penton Park, and with Michelle at the helm as Events Co-ordinator, your wedding day will be in safe hands.
Thank you to the photographers whose photos have been featured, we love their work! Emma Moore Photography, Gyan Gurung Photography, Graham Warrellow, Helen Power Photography, Joanna Cleeve Photography, Julia Conway Photography, Kate Gary Photography, LaHu Studios, Lemontree Photography, Lydia Stamps Photography, Mia Photography, Peter Dyer Photography Ltd, Stylish Wedding Photography, Teresa C Photography, The Springles, This and That Photography.
© COPYRIGHT 2017. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.